Find out how to create a new class by inputting the names of your students
These instructions will show you how to add a single class by typing out or copying and pasting your student names. To see how to upload multiple classes at once, click here.
- Select 'settings' at the top of the Teacher Dashboard
- Click on 'manage' in the 'manage students' box
- Click 'add a class'. This will allow you to create new student accounts or move existing accounts to a new class
- Enter your class details. If the class is made up of students from different grades, choose 'mixed grades' when selecting the grade in the dropdown menu.
- Type in or copy and paste the first and last name of the students in the text box
- Click 'set up class'
- Optional: If you selected 'mixed grades' in Step 4, you'll now be able to choose each student's grade from the dropdown menu. Click 'confirm ages'
- Optional: If there is a student in the school with a matching name, you need to confirm if the student you are adding has an existing account or if they are a new student. Click on the dropdown menu to view the other accounts with the same name. If one of the results is a student you are trying to add to a new class, select this account. If the student you are adding is a new student, click on 'create new'
- Click 'confirm matches' to create your class and add your students
- Click 'print' to print out the students' login details and a letter for parents (this can also be done later). Click 'finish' to complete the setup of your class and return to the dashboard