We have partnered with Clever to offer both instant login and automatic rostering. Working with Clever allows us to connect with schools and gives the districts a central location to manage all of your learning resources.
Your options to sync your classes with Sumdog using Clever
- Clever Rostering and SSO:
- Rostering and SSO allows your school district to integrate the whole school through Clever. Teachers, students and classes which are shared with us by the school district through Clever will automatically be added to the Sumdog school account during our nightly Clever sync. Students set up through Clever Rostering and SSO will also be able to access Sumdog using their Clever SSO by logging into their Clever portal. This set up option is currently available as part of the Sumdog premium package.
- Clever SSO Only:
- The Clever SSO allows teachers and students to log into their Sumdog accounts via the Clever portal using the SSO. The school’s class rosters will not be synced and updated through Clever, and the teachers will need to manage their own rosters and classes in Sumdog.
- Clever Library:
- This option is only currently available to new teachers who don’t have a Sumdog account or school. This is because the Clever Library account would be independent of any existing Sumdog school account.
- There are some downsides to Clever Library which are important for you to know:
- You would only have access to the students who are listed under your account in Clever, and you wouldn’t be able to add or move students
- Your account will no longer be part of your school on Sumdog
- If your students have an existing account as part of the school they will lose all their past progress, avatars, and coins earned
- Once set up through the Clever Library the student’s accounts can’t be transferred or carried over to their new teacher. If a student has an existing account set up through the Clever Library, we would need to delete the account before the new teacher can sync it to their class through the Clever Library.