You can set a competition between individual students or teams within your school
In a competition, students will play games just as they would in training or challenges, but the questions they answer will count towards the competition. Each participant will be able to see their ranking or their team's ranking on a competition leaderboard on their Student Dashboard
How to set a competition between individual students
- Go into Set Work
- Click 'create & view' in the Competitions box
- Click 'create a competition'
- Select the subject you want to set the competition for and click 'next'
- Select all the students you want to include and click 'next'
- If you would like the skills included in the competition to be automatically chosen, click 'next' and skip to Step 8. If you'd like to choose your own skills, make sure you have the students you want to set skills for chosen in the 'select' column on the left. Click 'set skills'
- Select the skills you want to assign to the students you selected previously. You can filter by levels or topics using the options in the column on the left. Click 'next'
- Choose the settings for your competition, and make sure to have 'as individuals' selected in the final row. Click 'create' to finish setting up your competition.
How to create a competition between teams
- Follow steps 1-7 in the instructions above
- In the 'Students Take Part row', select 'in teams'
- If you already have a set of team names set up from a previous competition and would like to use those team names, select the set from the dropdown menu and move on to Step 8
- If you need to create a new set of teams, click 'create a new set of team names'
- Name the set of teams you're going to create by typing in the name in the text box at the top of the page
- In the text box that says 'add a new team', type in the name of one of the teams you want to create then click the check mark on the right. Repeat this step until you've created all the teams you want to create.
- Click 'save'
- In the 'Team members' row, use the drop down menu next to each student's name to place them into a team. Once you've placed all the students, click 'create'